Crowdfunding offers our community a new avenue to provide support directly to the programs and specific projects at CC that are most meaningful to individual donors. Crowdfunding also assists our faculty and students in achieving their philanthropic goals and we hope to promote innovative projects and opportunities, trips, events, finite needs, and other CC-specific ventures.
Note: Submitting this application does not guarantee your project will be chosen. All projects will be reviewed by a committee of faculty and staff prior to approval.
QUIET PHASE (campaign pre-launch)
- This phase should begin approximately 4-6 weeks before the project’s launch date.
- This time will be spent getting your campaign ready (writing content, creating videos, audience selection, developing strategies, etc.).
- Your group will have several meetings with the Annual Giving Office to help you develop and plan your project.
ACTIVE PHASE (campaign launch)
- This phase will last 30 days and constitutes the live campaign.
- These weeks are crucial! During the campaign, team members are expected to send out at least four (4) email “asks” to their personal contacts and make four (4) or more updates to their project page, push out asks via social media, and otherwise make themselves available to answer questions about and raise awareness around their project.
STEWARDSHIP PHASE (post-campaign)
- After the project, groups are responsible for sending out thank-you emails and final updates to donors immediately.
- Funds will not be released until thank you notes and the final updates are completed.
- Project outcomes are due six months from receipt of funds as donors need to know how their gifts were used.
- Remember—making your donors feel special now means that they will want to come back and support your next project.