CC Athletics: Women's Basketball
Hello from the Colorado College Women's Basketball team!
It was an exciting 2017-18 season, capped off with a 4th-place Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) finish and making the conference tournament for the first time since 2008. The tournament appearance featured a first-round victory over Centenary College, and a narrow loss to Trinity University (ranked #25 nationally in D3) in the semi-finals. The energy on our home court was amazing, and our team will no doubt take this momentum forward into the post-season! Our women are proud of their accomplishments and seeing what is possible when we work hard and work together.
With faith in the direction we are heading, we ask you to support our program. Costs to operate a nationally competitive program are immense, and we rely on help from our supporters to reach and maintain a level at which we can best represent Colorado College in intercollegiate competition.
Our team members will benefit directly from any gift you make, and below are some examples of how your support can help. Your contributions give us:
- The ability to schedule national competition. In the past few years, our team has competed in Virginia, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Louisiana, California, Massachusetts, and New Mexico. Our ability to travel directly correlates to the level of competition we are able to schedule. Last season we played four National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) D3 top-25 teams, and we are better for that challenge.
- The ability to recruit nationally. A recruiting trip to a three-day Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) tournament can cost up to $1,500 (flight, rental car, hotel, meals, entrance to the event), and a trip to watch a prospect in a single high school game can be as much as $500. Bringing a top recruit and her parent to campus for an official visit can be upwards of $500 as well. As costly as these recruiting endeavors can be, bringing a variety of individuals from across the country to our team is invaluable.
- The ability to have high-quality developmental experiences as a team. Working with a group process/motivation professional or doing team-building exercises, such as escape rooms, 5K, races or cooking dinner together, provide valuable off-court experiences for our team.
- The ability to provide productive and memorable experiences on team road trips. The quality of our travel, rest, and nutrition correlates to our performance on the court. The flights we are able to secure (direct vs. connections, times of flights, and flying out of Colorado Springs as opposed to Denver), the hotels where we are able to stay, and the restaurants we are able to take our team for meals are enhanced by your support.
- The ability to wear high-quality uniforms, practice gear, shooting shirts, shoes, travel suits, and other team gear. There is value found in proudly representing your program with team-issued Colorado College gear that is specific to women's basketball. Whether in the community or on campus, our team is proud to wear the Tiger Shield!
- The ability to host a reception for our seniors following their "senior day" home game at the end of the season. Giving our families an opportunity to come together to celebrate both the team's accomplishments and the commitment of our senior student athletes is a special thing.
- The ability to customize our equipment and facilities. Whether making improvements in shelving in the locker room, creating a personalized whiteboard for pregame talks, adding graphics and CC Tiger logos to our walls, or upgrading our shooting machine -- all help create a championship outlook in our program.
We thank you in advance for any and all support, realizing that the support you give the women on our team is the MOST important way you can help our program grow! As we head into the off-season, please know that our team is giving our all daily to represent Colorado College, our athletic department, their families, their hometowns, and you to the highest level.
On the behalf of our team, I offer my most sincere appreciation for your commitment to the growth and development of our women's basketball program at Colorado College. Thank you, and GO TIGERS!
Head Women's Basketball Coach